PALISI Global Health Subgroup
Meeting Minutes: 9/15/17
Participants: Ericka Fink, Allan Doctor, Katie Nielsen, Asya Agulnik, Peter Meaney, Srin Murthi, Ndidi Musa, Amelie von Saint Andre, Adnan Bhutta, Yudy Fonseca, Daya Bagdure, Fiona Muttaub, Vinay Nadkarni, Shelton Wright, Karen Lidsky, Liz Tucker
1. Katie Nielsen - HFNC respiratory support post-extubation in Lima, Peru
2. Peter Meaney - Saving Children’s Lives in Botswana
3. Asya Agulnik - Improving outcomes for hospitalized pediatric oncology patient in resource limited settings
4. Allan Doctor and Adnan Bhutta - Research and clinical fellowship opportunity in Malawi
5. Amelie von Saint Andre and Ericka Fink - Update on group project. Survey on PCCM clinician researchers will be submitted to Frontiers in Pediatrics shortly.
6. Update from Jhuma Sankar on her balanced salt project (via email)
- We have so far enrolled 109 patients as against our target of 150 by this time. We started in April this year so I guess its going slower than expected.
- I am about to wrap up my EGDT project comparing intermittent versus continuous monitoring and clinical outcomes and therapeutic end points in both groups. Hope to analyse the data and send the abstract for the world conference by December
· New group project on creating collaborative, multi-site surveys and point prevalence studies, potentially with development of a long-term multi-site data-base to be discussed via virtual meetings over the next few months. Please send ideas/ comments to Amelie and Ericka and we will coordinate a conference call.